With terrorism an ever-present and evolving threat, effective building protection requires a holistic approach to assessed threats and the design of appropriate counter measures. Counter terrorism design measures need to be proportionate to the level of risk an organisation may face.
With 10 years of experience in protective design, we are able to assist clients in developing terrorism protection requirements and implementing these measures. Our risk-based approach puts clients at the centre of their risk reduction strategy by helping to identify how much ‘residual risk’ they could accept, and how much could be reduced through protective design measures. Experience gained whilst working on numerous projects across the world allows us to help building developers integrate protection measures in a way that does not overtly impinge upon architectural goals and operational usage.
Our counter terrorism services include:
- Blast vulnerability assessments for new and existing buildings.
- Blast design of buildings.
- Dynamic modelling of blast effects and building response.
- Blast and ballistic design of building facades.
- Marauding gunman design.
- Hostile vehicle mitigation (HVM) design.
- Bomb shelter area (BSA) assessments.