QCIC founder and Director, Mark Rowan, has been named as one of the IFSEC Global Influencers in Security and Fire for 2021.
Influencers are chosen based on nominations and are selected by a panel of highly respected judges. Several categories are considered when selecting nominees and winners and are defined by their influence in the following ways:
- Their role in driving technological innovation
- Someone who has been a driving force in changing regulation, standards/guidance or best practice
- Someone whose insights/opinions are widely respected and which are influential in shaping debate around industry issues
- Someone who has been instrumental in the success of the organisation or business they lead or are employed by
- Someone who has helped to raise the industry’s profile or been an influential voice in the national media
As outlined by IFSEC Global for the Influencers in Security and Fire for 2021 here.
Mark Rowan is the founder and managing director of QCIC, a global security engineering company specialising in designing, building and running security systems. QCIC was established 14 years ago, however, Mark has over 30 years of experience working within the built environment – the past 20 of which have been dedicated to security engineering.
As a chartered engineer, Mark has built a reputation for engineering excellence across multiple disciplines including physical security, electronic systems, managing global enterprise systems and introducing future-forward cloud technology to develop innovative security solutions. Mark is considered a pioneer in the industry, having developed award-winning security design software which holistically automates the design, delivery and configuration of security systems.
Mark is passionate about sustainability and under his leadership, QCIC was proud to be one of the world’s first carbon-neutral security engineering companies. Read more about QCIC’s four sustainability pillars here.