About the role
We are looking for an experienced, senior full-stack developer to lead software development within our ambitious, award-winning company.
Having just launched a new mobile application for providing secure access to physical locations we now need a Lead Developer to come onboard and own all technical aspects of the system. Working as the sole in-house developer on this project, with support from our outsourced providers you will have the unique opportunity to develop and direct the full stack, from UI design for web and mobile through to database structure. You will be the custodian of the technology used throughout and advise the business on the technical direction required to continue delivering value aligned with the business and product goals.
We require someone who has a proven record of working closely alongside product managers and sales teams to successfully interpret business requirements into a development scope, and provide accurate delivery timelines and output, quality code is essential.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Understanding the complete codebase, allowing for informed scoping and development of new features and prerequisites
- Driving consistent standards and approaches throughout the tech stack
- Promoting well-factored and reusable design across the codebase
- Ensuring that all technical design satisfies business goals and user requirements
- Automating the testing of new and legacy code
Communication and problem-solving
- Collaborating with internal and external clients to determine functional and non-functional requirements and scope new functionality
- Advising on the infrastructure of the system and identifying improvements to processes/systems
- Owning the communication between the development team and contracted vendors so that integrating code is seamless and uniform
- Ensuring system documentation is generated and is clear and to a professional standard
Team leadership & planning
- Assisting the Head of Research and Innovation in planning for team growth, considering the level of skills required within the team, which includes our development partners
- Steering the technological and process change within the team
- Providing technical guidance and coaching to developers as the team grows
NB: The successful candidate will be required to pass our security screening procedures.