You will be employed as a Senior Security Consultant in our multi-discipline Design team collaborating with our wider global hubs and client base. This role will allow you to enhance your existing skills in electronic and physical security measures, across a range of projects both within the UK and internationally.
A senior security consultant is an excellent and confident communicator with initiative, drive, and the ability to listen with confidence. They are to be able to address a wide range of people including clients, other professionals, architects, engineers and contractors.
What you will do
- Work with the team to assist in providing technical security design service to the group, acting as part of the project team and working with Associates and Associate Directors responsible for the technical and commercial delivery of projects.
- Assist in the preparation of conceptual designs.
- Provide a professional security strategy design service to clients on projects as directed by the leadership team and project leads.
- Knowledge of applying the principles of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design.
- Developing security strategies in line with the RIBA stages and the masterplanning process.
- Ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines.
- Work competently on an independent basis.
- Ongoing development of our design tools including Design Assistant, Design Automator, BIM & Revit.
- Work collaboratively in a multidiscipline design team.
- Respond to client requests for information and or project updates.
- Assist the team in preparing technical and financial proposals for new work.
- Preparation of technical reports and project work to be peer-checked.
- Collaborate with the team to produce concept and preliminary strategy solutions for detailed design.
- Update job/project administrative systems (adjusting these as necessary).
- Ensure department leads are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and that the objectives of the client and the company are achieved.
- Continually ensure that practices, policies, strategy, and services represent the client’s and the Company’s best interests and that Company policy is in keeping with current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice etc.
What we are looking for
- The ability to identify and meet project deadlines and deliverables to support other disciplines.
- Experience with producing technical reports.
- Familiarisation with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office.
- Preparation of detailed designs and calculations to the relevant Codes, Standards and design guidance using relevant software packages.
- A desire to work constructively in a team, finding holistic building design solutions.
- Interest in working in and improving our built environment.
- Experience working within a similar role within the built environment.
NB: The successful candidate will be required to pass our security screening procedures.