What we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Technical Commercial Manager at Associate/Associate Director level to join our expanding team here in Cape Town. This role will support the business development and technical teams allowing us to provide key security services to a large range of clients.
This role is pivotal in the expansion of our business and will allow us to deal with the increase level of new leads and contracts more efficiently. The successful applicant will have a high level of responsibility and will be expected to be comfortable communicating and reporting to the leadership team.
High-level development of RFPs and implementation of commercial strategies that support organisational objectives and goals will be key alongside the ability to negotiate and secure new business contracts whilst carefully managing existing relationships.
In addition to the listed requirements, it may also be beneficial for the candidate to have experience with project management methodologies such as PRINCE2 or PMP. They should also have a strong understanding of financial management, including budgeting and cost analysis.
What you will do
- Lead the bid process from start to finish, including conducting market research, preparing proposal documents, coordinating with team members, and conducting presentations to potential and existing clients
- Ensure that all bid submissions are of high quality, accurate, within strict brand guidelines, and meet client requirements and expectations
- Analyse bid opportunities and make recommendations to leadership on the suitability of bids
- Negotiate and secure new business contracts and manage existing relationships working closely with our Business Development team to ensure a streamlined process
- Development and implementation of high-level commercial strategies that support organisational objectives and goals
- Manage the required commercial aspects of projects, including contract negotiations, cost control, risk management, and procurement
- Ensure compliance with all legal, contractual, and regulatory requirements globally
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure timely and accurate reporting on project progress and financial performance
- Build strong relationships with key manufacturers and suppliers globally, understanding their solutions from a technical design perspective, and building relationships with key stakeholders
- Negotiate commercial terms and pricing with manufacturers/suppliers, registering tenders where applicable
- Produce proposals and presentations for existing clients and assist sales with solution presentations from a pre-sales perspective
- Ensure a full understanding of all services offered by QCIC and work closely with other business units to identify cross-selling opportunities
- Monitor client satisfaction throughout the relationship in line with the Quality Management System to ensure a high level of client service
- Support the project managers, Build and Run teams ensuring successful deployment of projects and ongoing services
- Act as an exceptional client partner and senior counsel offering input and planning to the client allowing a long-term relationship to grow and generating new business opportunities with existing clients
- Assist sales and design with sign-off of solutions and components being proposed
- Manage the day-to-day commercial activities of the key manufacturers/suppliers.
- Create a Manufacturer/Supplier strategy that is managed to drive opportunities for new business as well as upselling to existing clients
- Meet and update leadership within the business regarding key accounts, manufacturers, and business opportunities
What we are looking for
- Previous experience working in a technical security commercial role
- Working knowledge of large Enterprise level systems
- Proven track record of successful client engagement including some cross-selling
- Strong management skills and a natural leader and motivator of people
- Evidence of leading and influencing a team
- Industry experience from a company within the same market
- Flexible and quick thinking with a consultative approach
- Confident with great communication and presentation skills
- Commercially and financially aware
- Highly self-motivated
NB: Security screening will be conducted on the successful applicant.