We require a Senior Consultant to join our Design Team working heavily at RIBA stage 5.
This role will enable the use of your existing skills to lead and monitor projects and staff in specifying and designing, electronic and physical security measures, across a broad range of fantastic projects as evidenced within our portfolio.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be an excellent and confident communicator with initiative, drive and the ability to listen, whilst being able to advise and instruct a wide range of people including clients, fellow security professionals, colleagues, architects and engineers.
Whilst primarily dealing with physical security aspects of projects you will also be required to develop your range of skills to include financial planning, security planning, threat levels, RIBA stages and counter-terrorism measures.
Previous consultancy experience either within the UK or abroad would be advantageous.
What you will do
- Provide a professional security strategy design service to clients on projects as directed by Senior Management.
- Act as the project manager to ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Work competently on an independent basis.
- Work collaboratively in a multidiscipline design team.
- Communicate directly with clients and be able to lead meetings and present when required.
- Prepare technical and financial proposals for new work where necessary.
- Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary strategy solutions for detailed design
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary)
- Ensure the senior management team is kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and that the objectives of the client and the company are achieved.
- Represent the Company at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
- Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategies and services represent the client’s and the Company’s best interests and that Company policy is in keeping with current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice etc.
- Check the scope of professional services agreed, with the client, for the continued presence of the design team members as members of the project team.
- Convene and chair site progress meetings or attend progress meetings chaired by the contractor. Keep accurate minutes of meetings, and record discussions, progress statements and decisions.
- Visit the site as directed by the Account Director in the agreement with the client, to undertake periodic checks, predictive checks or spot checks, observe and comment on the contractor’s site supervision, and examples of work and check project status.
- Allow adequate time on site to carry out checks properly. Make careful notes and compile a systematic record of visits.
- Produce accurate estimates of costs arising from the contract administrator’s instructions, including variations.
- Check expenditure against the job cost allocation for RIBA Stage 5 and monitor fee income against projected fee income.
- Participate in marketing Company design internally and externally to showcase services on offer
- Complete single-page CV for marketing/submissions and update regularly
- Produce related articles for industrial journals and social media
- Participate in team marketing activities and attend networking events
- Prepare fee proposals, terms and conditions for approval
- Scope new projects putting together delivery methodology as directed
- Manage project finances on a monthly basis
What we are looking for
- Formalised Security design qualification (desirable)
- Experience in the implementation of security management procedures
- Experienced in Counter Terrorist design (desirable)
- Experienced in Secure by Design practice (desirable)
- Experienced in design risk management methodology
- Previous experience in a security consultancy
- Ability to identify and meet project deadlines and deliverables to support other disciplines
- Experience with producing technical reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
NB: Security screening will be conducted on the successful candidate inclusive of financial background screening due to the nature of our clients.
If you would like to see what the QCIC team has been up to over the past year, take a look at our Content Hub for our latest news stories.