We require a Senior Security Consultant to join our Design Team with the location being flexible within the UK.
This role will enable the use of your existing skills to lead and monitor projects and staff in specifying and designing, electronic and physical security measures, across a broad range of fantastic projects as evidenced within our portfolio.
You will be an excellent and confident communicator with initiative, drive and the ability to listen, whilst being able to advise and instruct a wide range of people including clients, fellow security professionals, colleagues, architects and engineers.
Whilst primarily dealing with physical security aspects of projects you will also be required to develop your range of skills to include financial planning, security planning, threat levels, RIBA stages and counter-terrorism measures.
Previous consultancy experience either within the UK or abroad would be advantageous.
What you will do
- Provide strategic/technical security design service to the group, acting as the project manager responsible for the technical and commercial delivery of projects.
- Provide a professional security strategy design service to clients on projects as directed by Senior Management.
- Act as the project manager to ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Work competently on an independent basis.
- Work collaboratively in a multidiscipline design team.
- Communicate directly with clients and be able to lead meetings and present when required.
- Prepare technical and financial proposals for new work.
- Manage the workload of junior engineers and technicians (including verification of quality).
- Prepare and take responsibility for concept and preliminary strategy solutions for detail design.
- Set up and manage job/project administrative systems, including planning and monitoring job resourcing/expenditure (adjusting these as necessary).
- Ensure the senior management team are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the client and the company are achieved.
- Represent the Company at meetings with the client, other professionals, and suppliers.
- Continually ensure that practices, policies, strategy, and services represent the client’s and the Company’s best interests and that Company policy is in keeping with current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice etc.
What we are looking for
- Business development minded competent individual who can generate potential revenue streams alongside project management.
- An individual who can produce related articles for industrial journals and social media.
- Commercially minded individuals who can scope new projects putting together delivery methodology as directed.
- Financially sound individuals who manage project finances monthly, preparing fee proposals terms and conditions for approval.
- Formalised Security design qualification (desirable).
- Experience in the implementation of security management procedures.
- Experienced in Counter-Terrorist design (desirable).
- Experienced in Secure by Design practices (desirable).
- Experienced in design risk management methodology.
- Adequate experience in a security consultancy (desirable).
- Ability to identify and meet project deadlines and deliverables to support other disciplines.
- Experience with producing technical reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
NB: The successful candidate will be required to pass our security screening procedures.