The main purpose of this role is to support the business through administration on a global scale. Our main HQ is in London, UK, however, we have global hubs in Hong Kong, New York and in Cape Town which is where this role will be based.
The role forms part of our Central Support team, currently consisting of team members from HR, IT and Finance overseen by our Finance Director, this role will play a vital part in not only supporting the department but the business and its employees around the world.
The role is hands-on, the successful candidate will be expected to manage a large and varied workload and be able to prioritise tasks accordingly whilst adhering to the deadlines and requirements of various regions. The successful candidate will be solely office-based with normal working hours from 08:30 am – 5.30 pm SAST, however occasionally a degree of flexibility is required.
What you will do
- General office support and Office365/SharePoint filing.
- General office administration, couriers, telephonic and email correspondence.
- Drafting, preparing, and editing documents to company standards.
- Meet and greet visitors and new starters to the office, conducting office tours.
- Liaising with landlords / key stakeholders within our shared office spaces.
- Maintaining records of fire alarms, first aiders, key holders, and access.
- Supplier management, equipment, and office facilities management.
- Manage and maintain administration systems and internal databases.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires, i.e., set up workstation and stationery.
- Assist in the offboarding process for leavers, i.e., arrange couriers and logging equipment returns.
- Manage the corporate mobile phone account (monthly mobile phone report) and issuing mobile devices to qualifying staff where advised.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement alongside maintaining office contracts.
- Work closely with HR to ensure that office policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist with organising events such as the staff away day, team leader meetings & department get-togethers.
- Manage office lease renewals and tracking to ensure value for money.
- Assist the company in how we can improve sustainability, be willing to explore new ideas and options and present those to leadership.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the achievement of our ISO accreditations, including ISO 14001, 27001 and 9001.
- Report to senior management and perform secretarial and administrative duties.
- Enter data, maintaining databases, and keep records.
- Liaise with internal departments and answer external calls.
- Book international/domestic staff travel and producing itineraries.
- Manage internal and external correspondence on behalf of senior management.
- Schedule appointments, maintaining an events calendar and sending reminders.
- Minute taking during meetings as and when required.
- Prepare facilities for scheduled events and arrange refreshments, if required.
- Order office supplies and replacements, as well as manage mail and courier services.
- Assist in the preparation of company events such as staff update days and other celebrations.
- Manage cleaning booking schedules for the company flats based in London and Cape Town.
- Accurately record utility bills for both properties and present detailed best-value options to management during renewal periods.
- Regularly visit the Cape Town flat and run through a property survey / snagging list monthly ensuring the flat is fit for purpose.
- Diary and maintenance management of both properties
- Maintain up to date documentation/welcome packs ready to be issued to those temporary staying in the property.
- Build out profiles for those staying in the properties and ensure properties remain stocked with the necessary items.
- Maintain a furniture directory containing details of furniture within each property in case of breakage / if a replacement is needed.
Personal Assistant – Senior Directors
- Undertake ad hoc personal errands and maintenance of personal utilities (including car insurance, travel insurance etc).
- Assist with event planning and attendance at events, including booking tickets and noting necessary appointment times and venues.
- Travel & diary management and reservations.
- Ad hoc support as required.
What we are looking for
- High levels of experience in an office managerial role.
- Experience in supporting senior directors.
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification.
- Excellent computer literacy particularly within Microsoft packages.
- Able to prioritise and ensure smooth execution of tasks.
- Fluent in English – spoken and written with excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintain high levels of professionalism, confidentiality, and initiative.
- Highly organised with an understanding of priorities and changing demands.
- Organisational, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Judgment and decision-making ability.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- High levels of flexibility.
NB: The successful candidate will be required to pass our security screening procedures.