About the role
QCIC is looking for a skilled Human Resources professional who will assist in overseeing the Human Resources function for our global offices and ensure that it is aligned with our business objectives. Your goal is to assist the global Senior HR Manager in ensuring the HR department’s operations run smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
What you will do
- HR administration: Partner with the Senior HR Manager and the Finance Director in identifying and maximising the business growth opportunities.
- To produce accurate and timeous HR reports to support HR reporting requirements, including EE and B-BBEE components.
- Advice as required with regard to employee relations issues, facilitation, coaching, grievances, disciplinaries, and appeals.
- Ensure HR initiatives, policies, and processes are implemented in line with the company ethos and direction.
- Assisting with management reporting with regard to sickness, holidays, timekeeping, labour turnover, commission trends, etc.
- Keep abreast of changes to employment law, which affect the company and its employees. Ensure company policies are kept in line with these.
- Deal with ad hoc training requests accordingly and in line with business strategy, including the update of our internal training database.
- Recruitment: Step in and aid the recruitment administrator where necessary.
- Design recruitment campaigns around the type of role, and specific skill set/background/experience the company is looking for.
- Keep recruitment costs to a minimum, using direct methods wherever possible.
- HR Administration & Payroll: Ensure contracts, offer letters, addendum to contract letters, references, and maintaining the HR Database (HRIS).
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organise training and development initiatives.
What we are looking for
- At least 4 years experience as an HR Generalist in a SME.
- Completed Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Previous HR database management (HRIS).
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals & teams.
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of outcomes.
- Previous experience in a growing business.
- Excellent awareness and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use independent judgement.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Resilient and able to multitask.
- Engaged within the business and a flexible approach to work.
- Numerical and literacy skills; able to demonstrate effective written communication.
- Proficient with MS Office / Office 365.
NB: The successful candidate will be required to pass our security screening procedures.