What we are looking for:
We are looking for a BIM Manager to join our successful team.
We sit alongside architects and other designers in the design, construction and fit-out of great buildings, producing high quality drawn information and innovating with AutoCAD and other systems that continue to be at the heart of our success.
We collaborate with architects and engineers in the design, construction and fit-out of some of the world’s most iconic buildings. The BIM Manager will support a team of security engineering specialists in providing best in class design on these projects.
We require a confident communicator, with a solid foundation in both CAD draughting and BIM design who wishes to take on the challenge of leading the company offering within these fields.
BIM experience will have ideally been gained in architectural or M&E practice, working on large buildings globally. You will understand not just BIM and associated software, but the impact of the process on design and construction.
Of equal importance will be interpersonal skills, attention to detail, creativity, flexibility, initiative, diligence and the overall ability to make a positive contribution to fantastic projects and a very busy team.
What you will do:
- Organise, manage and schedule drawing production within the CAD department to suit task received from each internal business stream;
- Develop, implement, enforce and maintain the company CAD standards;
- Provide technical support for all CAD related issues;
- Interact with the Associate Director, Associates and Senior Consultants to ensure that project standards and client protocols and procedures are being maintained;
- Management and delivery of all electronic file submissions to both internal and external Document Management Systems [DMS];
- Develop training budgets and provide internal training to in-house staff should it be required;
- Provide leadership and vision to the business in all aspects of CAD delivery;
- Generate written reports, evaluating new technologies for future software adoption;
- Maintaining proper storage and retrieval of internal filing;
- Provide additional CAD support to the Design Team where required;
Building Intelligent Modelling [BIM]
- Define, develop and manage the security BIM output for the company;
- Interpret BIM execution plans and associated PAS, COBie and IFC requirements to establish project specific block requirements;
- Develop and maintain company specific Autodesk Revit objects and families to suit specific project requirements and constraints;
- Develop and maintain company specific dynamic blocks and attributes to allow for integration between CAD / Revit objects;
- Provide high level representation at any project specific BIM meetings and agree appropriate LOD for stage of the agreed design process.
- Manage BIM QA and external federation as part of a staged delivery process.
- Provide weekly updates to Associate Director for presentation and development of our BIM offering to the Directors;
In addition to the above core design responsibilities, the company is offering the unique opportunity to deliver a best in class BIM offering in the security engineering sector through:
- Becoming a prominent industry expert in the deployment of BIM for security engineering
- Supporting managers and consultants in pitches and project meetings through confident presentation of BIM expertise
- Advising, providing and ultimately leading a consultancy offering in support of PAS 1192-5
NB: Security screening will be conducted for this post.