About the role
We are looking for an experienced security risk specialist at Associate Director level to join our expanding DESIGN team here in the UK, this role is a crucial piece of our service offering enabling us to enhance our security service lines to a large range of clients. In addition, the candidate will be expected to assist in the management, mentoring and oversight of other design team members, not under direct line management.
The successful candidate will have a strong risk-related background and be able to establish the key functional requirements of all building users, incorporating strategic engineering requirements aligning to cost plans and outline specification, identifying risk throughout and providing a succinct analysis of client requirements throughout the design Programme.
This role is a lead role within the business and the successful candidate will be tasked with expanding the security risk element of the business, this role could be further enhanced with team responsibility in the very near future, so management experience is imperative.
What you will do within the THREAT & RISK team
- Develop and manage a new T&R team within QCIC.
- Develop and deploy an agreed plan/strategy to support the successful delivery of risk services across QCIC and its clients.
- Integrate current services into one business team to include SNA and SABRE assessments and T&R studies.
- Be the thought leader on T&R for QCIC in the wider security market.
- Lead on developing work and bringing in new business to the growing team, whilst enhancing and managing the current offerings.
- Lead on budget responsibility for the team.
- Lead, manage and successfully deploy a security risk management framework within QCIC lifting the overall offering of the DESIGN business.
- Show aptitude in attaining good rapport with client (engagement with client, stakeholders and professional design team is essential in gaining trust and understanding).
- Provide professional and expert advice to clients and colleagues regarding all risk related vulnerabilities.
- Build professional relationships with key police stakeholders in crucial jurisdictions. Create a working group with POLICE DOCO and ALO. Become the go to group for their advice.
- Seek opportunities to engage with industry initiatives relating to risk management policy development.
What you will do within the wider DESIGN team
- Assist the Design team group leaders to lead the security engineers in all regions.
- Be able to coach team members regarding Treat & Risk aspects.
- Assist with budgets and financial planning for the wider team.
- Peer review quality and technical correctness of DESIGN team projects.
- Assist in establishing key operational arrangements, segmenting easy and difficult tasks in a proactive manner.
- Identify critical personnel, processes, assets, utilities across projects. Demonstrate a good understanding and knowledge of the design of Physical Security Systems.
- Good knowledge of Counter Terrorist design to review CT designs and critique.
- Be experienced in Secure by Design practices and CPTED principles, to provide guidance and review.
What we are looking for
- Proven track record in writing and presenting detailed findings and recommendations reports, providing added value and thought leadership.
- Business development experience, being able to actively identify, scope and convert potential opportunities.
- Experience in producing accurate fee proposals with the ability to review, adjust and finalise financial and technical submissions/proposals within scope.
- Experience in managing and overseeing financials with ultimate budget responsibility.
- Experience in creating, amending, and reviewing risk management frameworks, policies and procedures adjusting as necessary.
- Excellent writing and literacy skills.
- Ability to act on own initiative but be a team player.
NB: The successful candidate will be required to pass our security screening procedures which includes financial screening due to strict client requirements and the nature of our industry, individuals are therefore advised to disclose any potential issues with screening prior to applying for the role.